The Mountain Endowment Fund
Why an Endowment Fund?
We are aiming high! The Endowment Fund will provide a foundation of secure financial support for The Mountain for generations to come. Experiences at The Mountain have enriched many lives since this special place was established in 1979 — there are many more lives to be enriched. The Endowment Fund supports the Mission of The Mountain: “The Mountain enriches lives, fosters an appreciation of the natural world, honors the interconnectedness of all things, and inspires people to build inclusive, meaningful, sustainable communities throughout their lives.”
June Cravens Sholin Tower Society
Those who direct an outright gift, or an estate planning bequest to the Endowment Fund, will be recognized as June Cravens Sholin Tower Society Members. It was June’s quiet, but firm voice that regularly reminded all that an Endowment Fund was needed, and her extreme generosity that made the Fund a reality. The tower symbolizes The Mountain; the June Cravens Sholin Tower Society symbolizes the continuing potential of The Mountain. Three generations of the Sholin family talked about why The Mountain is important to them:
“The Mountain is a place where people walk the talk.”
“When I am here at The Mountain, I feel safe, it helps me to feel stronger when I go back to my daily life.”
- Include The Mountain in your estate planning.
- Make a gift of cash, stocks, mutual funds, securities, or real estate.
- As a charitable donation, gifts to The Mountain Endowment Fund can often reduce tax obligations.
- Encourage others who love The Mountain to consider a donation or bequest to the Endowment Fund.
Endowment Fund Information
- The Mountain Endowment Fund, Inc. is both a 501(c)(3) organization and a 509 (a)(3) supporting organization.
- The Mountain Endowment Fund principle is invested in the Unitarian Universalist Association’s UU Common Endowment Fund (UUCEF).
- The UUCEF represents a broad range of investments representing the socially responsible interests of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- Any part of the Mountain Endowment Fund annual earnings may be distributed to The Mountain Retreat and Learning Center, Inc. or reinvested in the Fund. This decision is made annually by the Endowment Board.
- The principal of the Mountain Endowment Fund shall remain in the Fund.
- The Mountain may not use the Mountain Endowment Fund as collateral or security for any loan for any purpose.
- Select Endowment Board from the dropdown list on the Contact Us page
- Mail: The Mountain Endowment Fund, Box 1299, Highlands, NC 28741-1299