- Wear appropriate shoes and attire for your stay and activities you will participate in.
- Bring your prescribed medications.
- Before hiking, let the Office know where you are going and your estimated time of arrival back on Mountain property. Don’t forget a map and plenty of water!
Emergencies at The Mountain
Please alert Mountain Staff to emergencies so we can assist you.
Highlands – Cashiers Hospital – 828-526-1200 or 911 for ambulance – 190 Hospital Drive, Highlands, North Carolina 28741 – 20 minutes from The Mountain
- Emergency Room is open 24 hours a day and staffed with medical emergency room doctors and support staff.
- Has ambulance and helicopter service to Mission Hospital in Asheville for trauma types of condition.
Smoky Mountain Urgent Care and Family Medicine Center – 828-526-0008 – 155 Main Street, Highlands, NC 28741 – 10 minutes from The Mountain
- Walk-in clinic
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Highlands Pharmacy – 828-526-2366 – 195 Main Street, Highlands, NC 28741 – 10 minutes from The Mountain
- Over-the-counter and prescription drugs are available
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM; Saturday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Closed on Sunday