Counselors In Training (CITs) get a unique experience while at MountainCamp. As this is a Leadership Experience, applications are required. Campers should be 17 – 18 years old (rising 11th – 12th graders).
The Counselor in Training program started in 1995 to allow for our older youth to gain camp leadership experience and counselor by being involved in the day to day excitement of MountainCamp. During a CIT’s 6 weeks at MountainCamp, they will have mastered the art of being a role model, the balance of personal and professional all while also preserving their silly, fun youthfulness that is a camp counselor’s number one tool while working with children. Not only do the CIT’s gain the needed skills for working with children as a MountainCamp counselor, they also get to enjoy trips to cool rivers, high peaks and raft the thrilling Nantahala river.
Space in the CIT program is limited. All applications and references must be submitted by February 28 to be considered. Applicants may be contacted for a phone interview. Program participants will be chosen no later than March 31.
- Program: June 11 – July 22, 2017
- Application opens: November 1, 2016
- Application deadline: February 28, 2017
- Programs start on Sunday and ends on Saturday
- Campers must be at The Mountain by 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm on first day of the program
- Pick up campers at the end of program at 10:00 am and 12:00 pm
- $1950 per camper
- Standard Deposit (non-refundable): $200 per camper registration
- Full payment of all registration fees due: June 1, 2017
Savings and Discounts
- 10% discount for registering for multiple programs
- 5% family discount for second sibling registered
- 10% family discount for third sibling registered
- $50 referral credit for New Campers. Both campers will receive $50 credit when all registration is complete
- In our application system, choose the Counselor in Training application period.
- All fields must be filled out to submit the application. Campers who are accepted into the program will be registered by The Mountain to set up payment and fill out required forms for attendance.