The Mountain is located at 3872 Dillard Road (Highway 106), Highlands, NC 28741. We are 4 miles southwest of Highlands, NC and 10 miles east of Dillard, GA on GA Highway 246/NC Highway 106.
Travel by Car
When you input our 3872 Dillard Road address into the Google Maps application, you will have several travel options to The Mountain from your starting location. Your car navigation system may also provide travel options. We have also provided general driving directions below to assist you in your travels.
- From Asheville/Knoxville: Take I-40 West from Asheville (1½ – 2 hrs.) or East from Knoxville (3 hrs.) to Exit 27 at Clyde, NC. Follow US 23/441 South to Dillard, GA. You will turn left at the Dillard stoplight, then go 10 miles to The Mountain.
- From Atlanta: Take I-85 North to I-985 North, which later becomes US 23/GA 365 and then 23/441. Follow 23/441 North to Dillard (2½ – 3 hrs., depending on traffic). Turn right at the light on GA 246, which will become NC 106 at the NC State line. It is 10 miles from the light in Dillard to The Mountain.
- From Chattanooga: Take US 64 East to Franklin, NC. Turn onto 23/441 South to Dillard. Turn left at the Dillard stoplight onto GA 246. The Mountain is 10 miles from the turn (approximately 3 hrs.).
- From Charlotte/Greenville: Take I-85 South. Just before the GA line, take Exit 1, Rt. 11 North to US 76 West to Clayton, GA. Turn right on 23/441 North and proceed to Dillard. Turn right at the Dillard stoplight onto GA 246, which will become NC 106 at the NC State line. The Mountain is 10 miles from the turn at Dillard (approximately 2 hrs. from Greenville).
The Last Mile
There are two entrances to The Mountain from Dillard Road (NC 106). Look for our large road signage. If traveling from Highlands to The Mountain, this will be the second Mountain entrance you will see, the first being by the lake.
Turn on Little Scaly Road and follow that road to the top of the Mountain.
Please note there is a large parking lot at the base of the Mountain which is used for long term parking for our staff and camp counselors.
Look for our “To the Office” signage and continue up the Mountain on Little Scaly Road.
Be very careful and drive slowly on our two-way, one lane road.
The road is quite narrow with sharp curves. It is recommended that you turn off your car air conditioner, roll down your windows – weather permitting – and take in some fresh mountain air. You will also be better able to hear any cars headed down the Mountain.
For the sharpest turns, a short “toot” of your horn is a customary safety warning to other drivers on the Mountain road.
Once at the top of the Mountain, follow signage to our Office or The Commons so you can check in for your program. If are dropping off a camper for MountainCamp, follow our MountainCamp signage.
Travel by Air
If you are flying to attend a Mountain event, there are several airports that you may wish to consider. We have noted below the driving time from the closest airports to The Mountain.
- Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (2h 30m)
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (2hr 15 m)
- Asheville Regional Airport (2hr)
You may wish to consider rental car or taxi services at the airport of your choice. Contact our Sales Team to discuss your transportation needs.
There is no public transportation that services The Mountain from the airports.