Check-in and Transportation
By Car to The Mountain with their parent(s)/guardian(s)
- The Mountain is located at 3872 Dillard Road (Highway 106), Highlands, NC 28741, 4 miles southwest of downtown Highlands, NC and 10 miles east of Dillard, GA on GA Highway 246/NC Highway 106.
- Please plan to arrive to register your camper between 1:00pm and 3:00pm on the first day of camp and pick up your camper between 10:00am and 12:00pm on the last day of camp
- Remember campers need written permission to be released to an adult not listed as a parent or guardian on their online form.
- By air with a shuttle ride to/from The Mountain via the Hartsfield- Jackson Atlanta International airport located in Atlanta, Ga.
- If your camper is flying to Mountain Camp, please email flight details to email@example.com by May 1 to ensure availability and coordinate pick-up.
- Arrival flights must arrive at the airport on the first day of camp by 3:00pm. Campers will be met in the baggage claim area for their flight after arriving at the airport.
- Departure flights should be scheduled on the last day of camp after 2:00 pm. MountainCamp Staff will escort campers to the security checkpoint for returning flights.
- Please contact The Mountain’s program director (ext. 253) if you are unable to book flights which meet scheduled pick-up & drop-off times
Airline Unaccompanied Minors Service Pass
Most airlines require children aged 5-11 to register & pay for an Unaccompanied Minor service pass when traveling without a parent or guardian.
Youth traveling as Unaccompanied Minors must be escorted to their gate of departure and picked up from their arrival gate by an adult whose name & photo identification has been provided to the booking airline prior to the flight. The Mountain is happy to work with parents to meet these flight requirements, and to provide simple, safe transportation to & from MountainCamp for all campers.
Unaccompanied Minor service costs vary based on carrier, but usually run $75 – $100 per-way.
Parents/Guardian Staying Overnight
￼￼￼If you’re planning to stay overnight when either dropping off or picking up your camper, make reservations early. Please call the Registrar’s office at 828-526-5838 ext. 218 to reserve space.
Camper Traveling with Someone Else (Very Important)
Please let us know in advance in writing if your camper will be traveling by car with anyone other than yourself to or from MountainCamp. We must have written permission to release your child to another adult.